Monday, March 3, 2008

LOGOS

As I was reading this morning I caught a glimpse of a study note that spoke to my heart. In John chapter 1, the writer refers to Jesus as the WORD. I've heard this many times through the years, but today I saw something new... The study guide said this:
The WORD (Gk LOGOS) is a title for Jesus as the communication from and revealer of God the Father." (Holman Christian Standard Bible; Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville, TN)
Years ago a friend pointed out a verse that has become a personal favorite for me. Hebrews 1:3 says, "He is the radiance of His glory, the exact expression of His nature..." From that verse I've come to learn that if I wanted to see what God was like, I need to look at what I know of Jesus. This new verse reminds me of that truth and encourages me to look even more deeply into what God is saying to me through the life of Christ.
On another note, I'm very excited about this coming Sunday's worship service because we'll be joined by my good friend, Cliff Hackler. Cliff was a minister of music for 17 years before launching out into concert ministry 8 years ago. He's as different from me as any person could possibly be, so our friendship is pretty interesting. Nonetheless, I'm excited about sharing him with my new church family and am looking forward how God will use him here to bless their hearts. For information on Cliff's ministry you can visit www.cliffhackler.com. (Note: Cliff is currently in the process of a web redesign to create a more engaging site with great functionality and content. Watch for his upcoming video blogs and his music launch to iTunes later in the month.)
jph

No comments: